Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thoughts.....

Thoughts On Paper Crafting Supplies - www.dollywg.stampinup.net
Hi: Some of you have asked me how to get started or how best to add to my stampin' supplies.
Getting Started: As with any hobby, there's a few must-have tools and supplies. Basic ToolsPaper cutter (item #104152)Scissors (item #108360) (this is used ONLY for paper lol)Adhesive - if you only get one type I would recommend Tombo (item #110755)Assortment of paper and ink - A nice variety to have on hand. SU paper and ink match so you have coordinating colors! Stampin' Starts (item #120954) Assorted paper, (item #119979) Classic Stampin' SpotsStamp set that has a combination of sentiments and images for mix and matching. For your first few stamps, I always suggest to find sets that 'look like you'. Are you into nature, floral, funky images, etc...
Add to Your Stash: If possible, set aside a monthly budget to add to your hobby. You will be surprised how quickly your assortment of goodies will build. And as you have more on-hand, the more options you will have. Again, if you can, consider adding a stamp set, punch, embellishment and paper each month. Or some combo of them. Add a punch...you all know I'm a HUGE fan of stamp and punch. SU works hard to coordinate punches with stamped images.Expand the type of stamp images in your collection. Add a stamp set that works with the upcoming season, holiday or special event.Start to add embellishments to your collections. Ribbon, brads, glitter...these details, while subtle, really make a project pop!Add a pack of designer paper and coordinate with card stock and ink.The "I'm totally into this!"- for me, that would be digital crafting. Card making, scrap booking, bookmarks, even Christmas Ornaments. I just love “My Digital Studio” (MDS)…. you can order that thru my Stampin Up web site… www.dollywg.stampinup.net (item # 118108)
Carve out time to enjoy your hobby and create a card or project. Call a friend and invite them to make a card with you! Attend a class to spend time with other crafters or learn a new technique or tip.
Last but maybe not least, once you get hooked, consider becoming a hobby stampin up demonstrator… you can get discounts and earn free stuff…. just ask me how… or check out how on my Stampin Up web site….. www.dollywg.stampinup.net
Let me know if I can help…..Dolly

No comments: