Sunday, September 12, 2010

Salt Lake City Scrapbooking USA Expo



The Cricut Imagine Make and Takes at the SLC Scrapbook Expo!






I took two Friends with me to the Salt Lake City Scrapbook Expo. It was the first time either of them have ever gone to the Scrapbook Expo. The first thing we saw as we walked in was the Provo Craft Huge Booth. They were so well set up to show off the new Cricut Imagine. This was what I came to see and couldn't wait to get started. So we first went to an area that they were cutting out things for their make and takes so we got to see the machine in action right away. It was so impressive to see the paper go in so easily, print the background paper for the project and then drop it down so it could go back through the machine and cut it out All without anyone touching it. The quality of the printed paper was what I wanted to see the most. It is as good as they say it is, I was impressed. Then we got to go to where you can make the Make and Take projects. My two friends got to make the cutest boxes. Just as it was my turn to make one they ran out. So I got to make a scrapbook page (see the picture, sorry my scanner is not big enough to show the whole thing but you can get the idea, the scalopped edge goes all around) it was shown as and example with a large Photo. After making this project you move on to making the card shown above. With this one they used the Cindy Lou Cartridge and you got to see how the regular cartridges do work with the Cricut Imagine. You also got to use a Cindy Lou companion embossing folder for the Cuttlebug. Both my friends fell in love with the cuttlebug and both bought one before leaving the show with a lot of excessories. I should of gotten a commision. After making the card you got to move on to the Cricut Cake Machine. There they showed how it works by cutting out a design to put on top of a cookie. Very cute. My friend Linda had just become a grandma of a new baby boy the night before and was going to the Hospital to meet him after the show. So she had just made a cute gift for Mom and Dad with a card. She felt less guilty about being at the Expo after that. We spent over an hour just at this booth it was so much fun. We walked around to the other booths and found so many things We wanted. It was good to see some of the things in person to see if I really wanted them. Some yes and others not so much anymore. We stayed until the end because during the last hour many of the vendors put things on sale and boy did they. This is when Linda and Raine went crazy. The first sale was a booth that had glitter pens set of 4 for a dollar and a lot of other bling. There was a brad booth that was fantastic, yep crazy. Then they found the booth that had Provo Craft items for such a fantastic price even I went crazy. This is where they bought their Cuddlebugs and more. I got the Cricut Stamp Cartridge, deepcut Cricut Blade, Cricut Cuttables Stamp kit and Cricut Cuttables Stamp Sheets with Storage Pouch all for $20.00! They also had embossing folders, dies, StazOn Ink Pads, and a lot of other things for only $1.00 each. It so much fun when you can get about $250.00 worth of products for less than $50.00 yep I did figure it all out and I even used sales prices for the $250.00 worth of product estimate!

No comments: